The chemistry occurring in a flame is very complex and involves free radical chain reactions, and the overall reaction is very exothermic. Most common matter can burn, but fortunately, a high temperature is required to initiate the reaction, the higher the temperature the faster the reactions. If heat is produced in the reaction faster than it can be dissipated to the surroundings a thermal explosion may take place, however, the oxidation reactions are highly exothermic and the heat given out can maintain or increase the temperature. Heat from a fire can be transferred by three methods, conduction, convection and radiation.
This and much more are some of the details that participants will be exposed to in an interactive classroom in which instructors review the proper application techniques of portable fire extinguishers, how to identify the different classes of fire, and also deal with any special hazard you might encounter at your place of business.
At the completion of the training program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the causes and means of preventing fires occurring.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fire legislation, regulations, and standard operating
- Identify types, construction and safe operation of fire extinguishers.
- Practical’s hands on use of extinguishers against live fires.
- Grasp extinguisher Inspection Procedure.
- Learn basic service, extended service, and overhaul procedures.
- Respond to an emergency incident.
- Practical servicing experience.
Our programs are a significant investment for your workforce. They are designed to fill identified industry knowledge gap and provide hands-on applicable know-how that gives participants a deeper insight on their deliverables. The various modules are cultured to encourage stakeholders to aspire the attainment of operational efficiency along the business chain.
WHO TO ATTEND
This training is designed for personnel who are required to provide and maintain good fire safety practices and standards in the work place.
1st – 3rd November 2017
You can Click HERE to register for this course
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT:
Business Development Desk